The Town of Warsaw is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Police Officer. This position will serve under the direct supervision of the Chief of Police. The potential employee will perform a wide array of functions, ranging from large-scale tasks to daily functions and operations of the Police Department. This position is full-time with an excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, and inclusion into the Virginia Retirement System (VRS). Salary is competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience. All applicants must be over the age of 21, must pass all drug tests, and must have a current Virginia Law Enforcement Certification. The applicant must also meet all minimum employment criteria as set forth in section 15.2-1705 of the Code of Virginia.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License.
- Graduation from an accredited high school.
- Graduation from an accredited academy.
- Virginia Law Enforcement Certification.
- Rotating weekend and holiday work will be required, as needed.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Experience and certification to operate LIDAR is preferred.
Application Process & Submission Date