Town of Warsaw Police Officer
The Town of Warsaw is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Police Officer. Applicants with current DCJS law enforcement certification are preferred. This position is full-time with an excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, inclusion into the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), annual paid leave, and may include a take-home vehicle and phone for work related events.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with desired qualifications and experience.
The Town of Warsaw is a growing community that is nearing 2,000 in population and has added numerous businesses within the past 3-5 years. The Town also hosts a main campus for Rappahannock Community College, with 600 students on campus throughout a typical day. Warsaw operates under a Council-Manager form of government, with the Town Manager serving as the appointed head of government. The Chief of Police is also appointed by Town Council and serves as the Department Head for all Town Police activities in the Town limits.
Essential Job Functions
- The position involves enforcing the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Town’s Ordinances. Duties include patrolling areas of the Town, apprehending offenders, enforcing traffic laws, responding to calls for service and complaints from citizens, conducting accident and criminal investigations, interviewing suspects and witnesses, writing reports, and providing credible testimony in court. Essential job functions also include all other duties requested by the Chief of Police or Town Manager.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or college is preferred.
- Current DCJS law enforcement certification is highly preferred.
- Intermittent weekend and holiday work will be required, as needed.
- Be of good character and reputation to pass an extensive background check.
- Must pass a drug test prior to employment.
Application Process & Submission Date