Refuse Truck Operator
The Town of Warsaw is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Refuse Truck Operator. This position will serve under the direct supervision of the Director of Water and Waste Collection. The potential employee will perform a wide array of functions across multiple departments, ranging from large-scale tasks to daily functions and operations. This position is full-time with an excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, inclusion into the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), annual paid leave, and more. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with desirable qualifications and experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Town safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interact with all customers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; remove waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director or Town Manager.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License is required.
- Occasional weekend and holiday work will be required, as needed.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Operation of outdoor equipment, machine shop tools and other equipment is required.
Application Process & Submission Date