Ride Along Program
The Warsaw Police Department allows citizens to ride with an officer to gain a better understanding of the functions, duties, and responsibilities of officers. The application must be printed, filled out, signed, and brought in person to the Warsaw Police Department.
Applicants will be notified by phone and a convenient time will be arranged for the ride-along.
How to Make a Compliment or Complaint
- If you wish to make a compliment/complaint about the actions of an officer or about any aspect of law enforcement operations, please:
- Come to the Police Department or Town Hall and tell the Receptionist or a Police Representative that you want to make a compliment/complaint, or
- Call the Police Department or the Town Manager’s Office at 804-333-3737 to advise the person answering the phone that you want to make a compliment/complaint. Phones are answered during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
- Write your compliment/complaint and mail it to P.O. Box 730, Warsaw, VA 22572, Attention: Chief of Police.
- A town employee will assist you in filling out the report. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your report.
- Your compliment/complaint will then be investigated, if applicable. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your report.
- If it is going to take considerable time to investigate your report, you may receive a letter stating approximately when to expect a reply.
- When your compliment/complaint has been investigated, the Chief of Police will review the investigation and may write you a letter explaining the result(s) concerning your report.